As you prepare to launch your book, you have a decision to make. How much do you allocate in your budget to Traditional media, and how much should go to social and Internet Publicity?
That’s a simple question to answer. Just ask yourself these crucial questions and you will have a clear idea as to how to move forward. As always, let us know if you have any questions. We are always happy to help you evaluate various strategies to decide what is best for you and your business.
1. Do I have a clear idea what I want to accomplish? If your goal is to secure spokesperson opportunities and write books ongoing Traditional media will be more helpful. If you want to create passive income, increase speaking events, and create digital products than an online platform is essential. Ideally you need both, as they are critical to form a complete media platform.
2. Do you have any credibility to date? Online PR can create an almost instant presence for you as an expert, allowing you more easily gain the attention of producers and reporters.
3. Do you need strong SEO ranking? The only way to truly create this is to have an ongoing Online PR outreach with some of the most prominent sites online. This powerful backlinks are critical to securing top ranking on Google.
4. Do you have a budget to hire a publicist who can effectively position you on prominent websites?
5. Do you have the time and desire to handle your own PR?
There are other considerations, however once you have these questions clear in your mind, you can decide how best to proceed. All media is helpful in order to build your platform as an expert. Doing the right things at the right time in the right way is the formula for success!